Friday, October 26, 2012

Biological Father Found


A very nice young woman called me one day to ask if I could locate her dad. All she knew about him was he was a twin and years ago was stationed in the military and her mom had an affair with him while he was in Germany. My client was raised by a single mom and her health was fading. She was now 33 and had decided it was time to act upon her life-long dream of finding her biological father.
 
I began the case while hoping for the best, however trying to prepare my client for the worse such as; he may be deceased, not want anything to do with her or may be off the radar temporarily and me not be able to find him. 

To make the long story short, I did locate him and he seemed very happy to have a daughter. He stated he wanted her to have his number and address and for her to call him. 

My client did call him and she let me know she had flown out to spend the holidays with him and they had been getting along great. She was very thankful and happy. I love this story but all of my locates do not turn out as well as this one. When working a locate case, it is impossible to know how well the client will be received by the other party. Some people want their past to stay in the past for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment