Saturday, October 20, 2012

When Good Investigations Go Wrong

So I'm starting a new case and ready for whatever comes my way.  I pick a nice spot where I can observe and not be noticed.  There is the subject!  I'm in position.... but wait... why is she looking under her car?  Okay, just checking for the cat, I guess.
The chase begins!  Hey, why did she just circle the mall parking lot about 10 times?? All right - I will have to pass her for now.....

Unfortunately, these are the tell-tale signs that a subject has been unduly warned that an investigator is in the field.  Sometimes clients give away their position by acting out of character (i.e., overly questioning the subject about his/her whereabouts) or outright letting them know that they have hired an investigator.

Just remember, a good investigator is experienced and knows several different routes to produce a good investigation.  But unlike some television shows you may have seen - private detectives are not invisible, privy to CSI analysis, or inclined to break the law!

No comments:

Post a Comment